Saturday, February 16, 2008

Ouch!

I've been a delinquent blogger, I know.

To be honest, I don't have much exciting going on right now. Work is same old, same old, except I got to go to a conference up in LA on Thursday and Friday, so that was a bit of an interruption. And next week, I'm headed back to DC for 5 days. I love the travel, but I will miss my cat, and of course, I'll be missing LOTS of practice.

Now, this may not be an entirely bad thing, since I apparently have screwed my knees up again, but I missed one of the 7 workouts we had for the week. My 90-minute bike fell by the wayside because I just ran out of time and body strength. I was going to do it on the trainer after my 4-mile run yesterday, but the knees were sore and I just wasn't feeling good....I questioned whether any good at all could come from that session. In hindsight, that probably was smart, because this morning I crammed in a tough 1-hour spin class followed by a 2500 meter swim set. My knees are a wreck, and I was spent. I'm still spent. Ugh....why do I do this to myself?

Anyway, as you can tell, I'm still struggling with my time management and my weak body. I'm eating like a pig, and I can't seem to find enough time to fit everything in that has to be done. My dry cleaning bag now contains the majority of my wardrobe, but I can't seem to find the time to take it all in. I'm trying to fit hubby time in whenever I can, but even he seems to feel neglected. Why isn't this easier?

So that is all. Just wanted to get a quick update in before I fall off the face of the planet. Race is 7 weeks away and I'm scared to death I've done some damage this time around. I guess I get like this every time I have a pain, but I'm going to just bike tomorrow (no run) and ice the crap out of it.

Happy Day!

At least I saw the Space Shuttle and Space Station tonight. Gotta love my dorky husband. :)

1 comment:

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

If it were easier, everyone would do it!