Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Bees Knees

That's who my Physical Therapist is. Not only is he a McTherapist, but he's a genius and totally cool.

Yeah!

As you can tell, I'm pumped. I have been having knee pain this week, and last night, after a short run, it was scary painful. I called McTherapist this morning to see how long I should wait to come see him, and he told me to just come in and he'd check it out. So I left work an hour early, came home to change and shave my knees (go figure, the one day I messed up my right knee would be the day I have to go to PT!), and off I went. He saw me immediately, and went about poking and prodding. The tendon that connects my quad and kneecap was the culprit this time around...very sore, but he says it's the same issue as this summer.....weak legs resulting in a displaced kneecap, first putting pressure on my tendons. So I caught it early, and now I get to do some preventative anti-inflammatory icing, taping, and tons of stretching and strength-building. He hooked me up to the electricity and iced me, then taped my knee for me and sent me home with both types of tape. For FREE!!! Seriously, McTherapist rocks my knees. And to top it all off, he's a triathlete too so we just chat forever about bikes, races, and training.

So that's my news. Our new season started on Wednesday and I enjoyed meeting everybody. Lots of new young people who may end up being faster than me. I don't like it. It means I need to get strong quickly so I can whip their tushes!

And in other news, I get to go to San Fran with my boss to discuss the disposition of our property with a huge foreign investor. Time to get the haircut, manicure, and buy me a nice pair of shoes. No San Fran flipflops for me! I'm shocked I've been invited to go--- this is HUGE. It makes me feel so....corporate.

With that, I'm off to do some strength training and catch up on my TV. Tomorrow night, the hubby and I are headed to Runner's Roost for new running shoes! A hit to the wallet, but they won't be if it saves us PT time. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your knee problems, but thrilled that you caught it early and are doing OK now! Good luck with the business trip!
-Chris