Thursday, March 29, 2007

So Lazy

OK, so today was a hungry day. I ate a lot of vegetables, but I also ate a lot of 100 calorie packs. I’m too tired to list it all right now, but let’s put it this way- I ate 6 flex points. Ugh. I also gained 1.5 lbs overnight, which I’m attributing to the salt that was in the popcorn I made for myself last night before bed. (Yeah, ate an extra flex point last night, too) I honestly think I’m suffering from portion distortion or something. How else could my weight creep up like this? I shall be the first person to gain their weight back eating all veggie burgers and low calorie items. Who came up with these things, anyway? I mean, they all add up and then you might as well have eaten the real deal….because at least then you would be satisfied.
I suppose I’m going to continue writing. I’m on a roll.
Restaurants frustrate me. Today, my boss took me out for a celebratory lunch at one of the best Mexican restaurants in town. Of course, this is not a great thing, because Mexican is probably one of the worst ethnic cuisines you can partake in on a diet. So instantly I’m thinking salad or ceviche, but the only way I can eat ceviche is on a tortilla chip….so that is out. Anyway, everyone ends up with carnitas or honkin’ carne asada burritos, and I have this weenie little salad……with 4 jumbo cocktail shrimp added, no cheese, and dressing on the side. And instead of bringing me their lighter vinaigrette, I get this horrid Ranch-type mess. I was too scared to even touch it, so I ended up just eating plain lettuce, shrimp, and cucumbers. Really, truly, unappealing. It was such a waste!! So I came back to work and ate my grapes, ate my chewy Fiber One Bar (despite the fact I knew the gastrointestinal pain to follow would be difficult to tolerate with 3 hours left of the work day), AND my stupid Trader Joe zen fiber muffin. Fiber overload, and all because there is nothing healthy to order at Mexican restaurants!!!
So, that’s my vent for the day. Restaurants make my life so difficult. Boycotting those that don’t disclose their nutritional information doesn’t work, either, because then I’d starve or would be stuck eating at Subway forever. Tomorrow night is dinner at Disneyland. I shudder to think what horror I will eat while I am there.
Bloated and hungry. Over and out.

No comments: