Sunday, March 4, 2007

I'm Packin'.....Lunch, that is

3 04 2007
I finally am proud of myself today. And no, this is not weight-related. I curbed my mad morning hunger by giving myself milestones. NO, you cannot eat your 3-point trail mix bar this morning. But if you drink another bottle of water and wait another 1/2 hour, you CAN get a yummy string cheese. I baited myself along all day, and lo and behold, I had enough points leftover to actually satiate my hunger tonight!
I packed my lunch, but was disappointed when my coworkers proposed we go out to eat. A nice compromise was the sunny, outdoor food court by our office. I grabbed my tortilla sandwich and shoved a pudding into my purse, then headed out to enjoy lunchtime. I’ve missed out on the social networking in the past because I didn’t want to eat the calories. This was a much better solution! I think I may do it from now on……gets me away from my desk and now I get to have my eyes on them at all times. Hahaha…the life of a corporate female climbing the ladder!
After work, I headed to the gym for my one-hour spinning class. Admittedly, I’ve only ever taken 1/2 hour spin classes before. An hour petrifies me. If I don’t time my endurance just right, I end up with no juice left and am desperately trying to bring my heartrate down while the rest of the class gets to do a sprinting finish. Today was one of those days. My legs were weary from the elliptical/cross train thingie yesterday, and I just ran out of steam. I finished, as always, but it was a rough one! I earned every last activity point out of that one, let me tell you.
Even more exercise awaited me at home when some idiot parked in my parking spot and I had to drive back out to the road and park. I’m annoyed by my twilight hike, and I’m ready to tow, baby! (I had to vent to someone. I know all anyone wants to read about is the food and exercise, but this explains why I ate so many brussel sprouts tonight)
With that lovely sentiment, behold my food!
Food Points
Coffeemate creamer with coffee 3
Banana (small) 1
TJ’s Light String Cheese 1
Trail Mix Bar 3
La Tortilla Factory wrap with 2 ounces light turkey and 1 slice light cheese 3
Sugar free pudding cup 1
1 cup snow peas and carrots 0
Bowl of Unsweetened Almond Breeze (1 cup) with 1.5 cups of Kashi Go Lean 4
1.5 of Honey Bunches of Oats (I heart this cereal) 5
Brussel Sprouts with 10 sprays ICBINB 0
1/2 of a Hershey 100-calorie chocolate covered pretzel pack 1
Totals 22
Flex Points: I was a bad girl last night and ate 2 pieces of Wild Oats white bread. 5 points. And then I ate something else, but I don’t remember. Oh. Kashi Go Lean. 1 cup. Flex points: 7 eaten/28 remaining
Activity points earned: a lot. Probably 4 or 5. But I’m not eating them, so too lazy to go get the points slide.

No comments: