Friday, May 9, 2008

Just for Kicks

Tomorrow is my "freebie" race, the DAM Sprint, somewhere in the middle of the desert in a somewhat sketch artificial lake. I don't believe I'll "know" anybody there, and I'm not too upset about that. There's something a bit exciting about driving alone in the dark and throwing down a race without any distractions or expectations or any of that fun stuff. I'm just going to set up shop, listen to some tunes while I'm all bundled up waiting for the swim start, and then "git 'er done."

I'm not so nervous about this one, nor am I excited? I don't know....just another workout and hopefully a cool t-shirt that says "DAM Sprint." Been there, done that.

I've had quite a stressful week at work. So much uncertainty, bouts of inactivity, interspersed with random hysteria. So much so that I called my boss this morning and told him I just couldn't handle coming in to work today. My head isn't in the game, and I swear I will bite someone's head off if I show up. I just need a day off!!!

We're headed to packet pickup now, and then back home to pack the car and have a nice romantic, easy on the stomach dinner.

Will give a race report when I get back tomorrow. Fingers crossed the Achilles holds up. (But so far so good-- ran a PR 5K yesterday by accident, and it was no worse for wear)

1 comment:

SixTwoThree said...

Got get 'em! Give 'em hell - as my mother would sweetly say.