Saturday, May 3, 2008

Bringing Lazy Back

I feel a slight ping of panic just thinking about my training plan for this week. It was sparse to begin with, but it certainly wasn't helped by the fact that I abandoned my workout last night. Intending to do an hour on the trainer whilst watching ABC TV's Bachelor from last Monday, I only got 20 minutes in and the smell of burning rubber overwhelmed the room. Now, I love my tires, and I love my bike, so leaving half of my tire on the trainer's resistance unit was NOT acceptable to me. I had sunlight left in the day, but what did I do? I hopped off the bike and watched the rest of the episode from my computer chair. How LAZY am I? (and does the hand belong to Chelsea or Shayne?!)

It's killing me.

My Achilles is strained, but McTherapist doesn't think it's torn or anything serious, for the matter. Never mind the fact that I walk around like a slut after dark in high heels around my house....nope, it's not that major. Nothing a little iontophoresis can't fix, he says. He worked me on Thursday, too. Kicked my rear with all the toe lifts and calf presses and such. My ankle is still sore, but the Achilles? Well, I'll be damned, but it may be getting better.

With the freebie race next weekend, I am hoping I at least have a sprint base leftover.......hopefully this weekend I'll do a nice brick with the team and start to feel strong again.

I'm serious about my diet this time around. I'm going to go back over to my old blog and journal my points, and I am going to get this extra weight off. I know, I know....I keep saying I will, but then I get hungry when I get home and I eat. OK, it's not even that. It's work. They eat like pigs and I've become accustomed to taking just a little. And then I go out to eat and I've forgotten all that I learned while on program and fall into the trap of eating more points than I intended to. Like, Red Robin on Thursday night. I ordered my teriyaki chicken burger, sans fries, tomato, mayo, with the teriyaki on the side. So, basically, it was a plain bun with white chicken breast, a slice of cheese, and grilled pineapple. I took half the cheese off when I got it, too. Guess the calories? 800!!!! For that. I mean, what the hell are they doing to the chicken? I was floored. Here I was, desecrating my favorite sandwich on Earth, only to find out that it wasn't worth it. I could have gone home and eaten 20 English muffins for that sandwich. Argh. So, the plan of attack is to write it all down again. Journal, journal, journal, and only plan to fuel for my workouts. I need good thoughts for this-- I feel like I've lost some control here.

Work sucks, too. I used to be mission critical, and now I find that I am not. You lose your sense of self-importance and security when you are no longer "in the clutch." So that has me frustrated.

Hubby hates his work life, too, but my Dad recently offered him a chance to interview with his airline. Hubby turned him down. I know, what gives?!! But he's all about doing it on his terms now, so I am forced to sit back and let him do it. It's made for quite a strain, as you can tell. Some days I love him and others I hate him. I suppose that is normal. Could just be PMS. But I'm in the hating mode right now, mostly because he slammed the door and woke me up this morning. (Yeah, I have to get dressed in the dark every flippin morning with your sorry ass still in bed, so KISS IT-- I'm sleepin' in)

To top this all off, my morning coffee ritual at work has been severely interrupted this week. I find the break room to be a peaceful place for me, where I grab my cup every morning and deal with my lovely caffeine-induced headaches. But this week, we tried out coffee vendors for our new office. This total AHOLE came this week, and I swear, he never left. He wanted to be our own private barista. With a coffee machine. Self-serve coffee machine. I couldn't even stand to look at the man, let alone allow him to press a button on the coffee machine for me. I'm an independent woman, and I cannot tolerate his sorry attempts at service! So I told him my cardiologist said no coffee.....and then begged my admin to slip into the room and get me a cup. This went on for several days. One morning I had to wait until 10am for coffee--- I just about murdered the entire office. Argh!! Can you not see why work sucks for me? (I am joking here....but only somewhat)

So back to triathlon..... My race on Saturday. I'm going totally alone, sans family or friends. I'm going to have to get up at the ass crack of dawn and drive to early packet pickup, and then hope and pray it doesn't get too hot. I've heard some horrible things about the Lake I'll be swimming in, so it's tempting to spray myself in Lysol before I put my wetsuit on and maybe start antibiotics. :) But I figure nothing could be worse than the Long Beach Tri swim last year, so I'll take my chances with the manky man-made lake. Part of me is excited to do something without my tri team next weekend. There's always pressure to perform, but here, I can totally suck and nobody will care. I can show up, get it done, and then go home and go back to sleep with little fanfare. Hopefully, it'll be a great workout and I will learn to bring a little speed back into my life. Who knows? So even though I'm skeptical, part of me is jazzed. We shall see.

With that, I suppose I will cease the torture. I didn't mean for this to become a personal life vent, but I've got to have some outlet here! So apologies for the bad read......but at least *I* feel better. Ha!

No comments: