Sunday, September 13, 2009

On Hiatus

I've been gone for about 8 weeks now. Mainly because I haven't been training, racing, or doing much of anything aside from hanging on.



You see, the improbable has happened.


Now, before you go thinking this was an accident, you might be surprised that this was 100% planned. I'm not stupid! (Although I kind of feel that way right now)


Meet the spawn. The parasite. Voldemort. The next member of our family. :) Right now, the blob is 8 weeks, 1 day old.......in this picture, it was 7 weeks, 4 days.


We are very happy, but at the same time, I'm not really the model pregnant woman. I'm thankful to have a healthy baby, but I loathe being pregnant. I hate what it's done to my energy levels. I hate feeling so nauseous all day long that I just want to cry. I hate having crazy food and smell aversions. I hate the extra lbs and squishiness. Oh my gosh, it's torture! Not to mention the skin breakouts and the gargantuan boobs.


My workouts have been pathetic as of late. When I do have the energy for them, it's usually a slow aerobic bike ride averaging 16-17 mph for only an hour and ten minutes. I've got random 20-milers logged here and there. The running sucks pretty bad. I get winded so easily, so I am constantly walking to get my rate of perceived exertion back down to an acceptable range. My rec center pool's swim schedule blows, so I haven't been to the pool yet, either. I can manage 50 minutes on the elliptical at work, but only if I have the time and my boss lets me go over my lunch hour.....lately, she hasn't been so willing. We've been working crazy hours and I just feel myself slipping away.


ugh! Anyway, I struggle every day with feeling so miserable when I should be so thankful. I know it won't have any impact on how I feel about this baby once it arrives, but I still am weirded out by everything. Even hearing the heartbeat was a freakish experience. That's coming from ME?! There's something alive inside of me? Oh my gosh -- so weird.


I'm signed up for next year's triathlon season. I'll be going to swim practices starting in February....so hopefully I'll be in really good shape by the time delivery rolls around on April 24th. But we'll see. I've got my medical deferral to Boulder 70.3 next year, so the goal is to just toe the line the first week in August. Wonder if I can do it?!


We are also closing on our new house on the 30th of September. We've been squared away on the loan side for over 2 months now, but the inspections on the home are insane. I'll be leaving work for a few hours here and there for the next few weeks, but I'm not allowed to take more than a 1/2 day off because we're in the busy season. Lucky me! So we're packing on the weekends and putting boxes into a storage unit. I'm so stressed, but I guess we'll manage to work it out.


So that's my update! Will try to post more regularly now that my secret's out. Still trying to keep it quiet on Facebook while I get over it a little more.....but what can you do?

4 comments:

Amanda said...

OMG!!!! Congratulations! I'm so thrilled for you. And you picked a GREAT time of year to be pregnant (coming from the one with 2 kids born in April--24th AND the 28th!). I know you feel like poo right now but it will pass. And the shock will wear off too. Once you feel those first kicks--all of that will melt away. So excited for you and all the changes you are experiencing (baby, house, move!). :)

Leah said...

Congrats! That's fantastic news! I totally remember feeling so awful the first trimester. It gets better, but I never really liked being pregnant, to be honest. :) Anyway, all those weirded out feelings are normal. I felt like I had an alien inside me the whole time. Now I have a 10-year-old and I can't imagine life without her.

SixTwoThree said...

A very belated CONGRATS!! I'm so happy for you! This is so huge! But you're not totally off the hook on blogging. You have to keep us updated on how you're doing and feeling!

Michelle said...

Oh yay! It's just so much fun. Try to enjoy the pregnancy all you can. It's the last bit of your life as you know it now. It gets better, the 2nd trimester is heaven. Oh, how exciting!!