Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Things I've done under the influence of Percoset

1. Almost thrown up while riding in the car.
2. Fell "up" the stairs and had to be picked up.
3. Giggled hysterically for 3 days straight when not in excruciating pain.
4. Bought a house.

Ha! Yeah, #4 gets me every time. DH and I went under contract on a new construction home this weekend. I was 12 hours off the opiate, so I wasn't totally out of my mind....but I do have it written into the contract that I have until Friday to get my money back. So far, it still isn't seeming like too bad of an idea..... (Did you see that?? I weaned myself off the painkiller after only 2 days!!! Hurt like hell but I am strong like OX!)
Now, to the guy on the internet who had Plica removal surgery and said he was golfing the next day? YOU ARE A LIAR. Swear to God, he must not have had his knee innerds removed or something, because I have been a swollen (although according to my physical therapist, not bad at all), pained MESS over the past few days. I'm only bending 30 degrees. Shoving my leg into the car is a pain in the rear and hurts, so I dread driving tomorow. Still can't get the dressing wet, so I'm taking modified bathes and washing my hair in the kitchen sink. My back kills from sitting on this horrible couch all day. My Advil wears off like clockwork at 4:00am and then it takes a whole hour for the new dose to work so I can get back to sleep.

What a freaking nightmare this has been! To top it off, everyone says I don't "need" the crutches after 3 days. And while that might be true if all you are doing is going up to go the bathroom, I'm touring construction sites and walking through design centers and asking questions at Home Depot!!! Seriously, my throbbing knee calls it quits halfway through the day and I get so frustrated with my limping speed that I crutch the rest of the day just to catch a break. I know that every day gets better, but I feel sorry for myself.

Physical Therapist who I wasn't supposed to see yet took my dressing off and DH snapped a few photos. Wounds look really good and this morning, the swelling wasn't too bad. Of course, I feel more swelling in BACK of my knee, but you can't see that at all. Here are a few fun ones....skip to last if you get queesy:




4 comments:

SixTwoThree said...

Can't believe your doc didn't give a prescription for a few valium. That would have helped you through these days. Sounds like you're going through exactly what I went through in January - even our scars look alike. And I haven't been golfing yet ;-) Stick the crutches and listen to your body. You know what you need to get through the day!

Tawnee Prazak, M.S., CSCS said...

Hey, I thought I might find you from 623's blog! Your knee looks really great, not that swollen at all. It was good talking to you and I hope your recovery is speedy!

Leah said...

Wow! Congrats on the house! That is very exciting. Sounds like you are through the worst of the pain, even though it hasn't been much fun. I hope it continues to heal well.

Unknown said...

hi

im faya im really sorry of wat hapend but to tel the truth i am pretty sure ur very brave. i am surprised to see urself on a blog...

i hav gone through some bloggers bt i never comment unless i like it v much

tc

looking forward to be friends ...