Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Oh, this year is going to be good, I can taste it.....

I have some big news, too.



No, I'm not pregnant! I'm signed up for this:
http://www.5430sports.com/long/course.htm

Yes, my first Half Ironman. At the stroke of midnight, I kissed my husband and then pulled out the credit card. It's the last race in the Boulder Triathlon Series, and I hear the Sprint sells out in 4 days, so I wanted to be one of the first. How sad. ;) So now I am slightly scared, but pretty freaking excited. This is the "iffy" distance for me. The one I don't know if I can do. The non-runner is going to attempt to do a Half Marathon, finally! I'm signing up for a monthly training plan from our head coach, which will be pricey, but I am optimistic that she will get me through the race season with multiple successes.

DH is on board. In fact, we are hoping against hope that he will be so busy working that he won't realize that I am out training 1/2 the week. We are hoping that the new year will finally bring him career success. He deserves it. The mental anguish has been punishment enough. So if you have any spare juju, send them our way. I need my man to be a happy, employed pilot!

I must first get through the ski season. It's been a decade since I've skiied, and not very well, I'll add. I didn't grow up on skis, I was enrolled in a ski club at the age of 14 and was in the beginner group with 6-year olds. My best friend at the time was with me, and together, we were teacher's pet because we could help discipline the little hellions. It was pretty pathetic at the end of the season when they all skiied better than me. Hubs is a snowboarder. Since the last time I skiied, snowboarding was "rebellious," I'm not sure what to think of this. I got him a snowboard, boots, and bindings for Christmas, so I'm invested in our Colorado lifestyle now. He informed me that snowboarding results in less knee injuries than skiing.....and for some reason, I am more interested in snowboarding NOW than I should be. ;)

Well, I must finish my cruise summary now. It'll be up shortly....hopefully with pictures.

Happy New Year!

No comments: