Saturday, October 4, 2008

Lemming

It's Saturday morning.

I should be pulling out the bike, slapping on the colder weather clothes, and going on a nice long ride. Or driving to the gym and swimming at a nice aerobic clip for 45 minutes to an hour. Or maybe even do some yoga and physical therapy so that my hip flexor improves.

But no. I am sitting here waiting for dear hubby, who is green with envy and desperately wants a road bike, to get ready to go to a million bike shops in the Denver Metro area.

He wants a road bike. But not just any roadbike! No, my "I deserve to use my entire paycheck for fun things" husband (while my paycheck does what? Pays the bills?) wants 105 components OR BETTER!!! Not that he's ever really ridden a road bike in his life, mind you. Or that he will actually ride it frequently. No, he claims he will, but I know him and his passing fancies better. What about a used bike, you ask? Well, no......Mr. Pristine doesn't do used. And the 2008 clearance bikes? Well, most of them are red or have a little red on them. Mr. "I Hate Nebraska" doesn't do red.

HELP ME!!!!

My poor house down payment is about to be decimated by my determined and expensive spouse.

And you know what? Even a 105-equipped roadbike won't be enough for him to catch me.......

1 comment:

SixTwoThree said...

Tell him if he's going to step up to those kind of components, he's going to have to start blogging. We'll keep him honest about his training ;-)