Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I AM going to practice

It's freezing here. Literally, "see your breathe," legs are numb, need-a-jacket kind of freezing. And yes, I did grow up here....but I'm a pansy now.

To prepare for the cold, I am now in possession of a Sugoi Hoodie....to keep my neck and ears warm, and to protect my poor freezing hands. I bought windproof tights, but I can't seem to find them. I even have a weatherproof windbreaker. I am, on all accounts, prepared to face the elements....

But boy am I having a hard time talking myself into going to track practice tonight!

I usually do Thursday nights, but since I got Avs tickets for the game on Thursday, I needed to switch my run to today....new location....new coaches.... I just don't know. The mountains look gloomy (they usually give you warning when bad weather is coming!), my boss is on the warpath and probably will want me to work late, and I'm having trouble getting motivated..... Could I not run through this workout on the treadmill? Maybe? Or would I eff up my knees even worse?

Ugh. I don't know..... I'm thinking I'm going to treadmill it and see how I feel. Life happens, right?

Oh, I'm alive, btw. Just not up to much, so feel silly blogging about it. I'll be back, though....Soon.... I can feel the need to get it all out.

1 comment:

SixTwoThree said...

I know the feeling. I'm in Boston visiting. It's "clousy" as my mom used to say. Cold, cold, cold compared to the O.C. It'll toughen you up though!