Monday, July 7, 2008

More Randomness

I've been tagged. I'm supposed to tell you 6 random things about myself now, thanks to lovely Leah at Because I Tri. I'm going to do my best to find some random stuff, trust me.

1. In 6th grade, I traveled the state of Colorado playing the tenor recorder with the Recorder Club at my elementary school. I play a mean Recorder Rock.

2. I had 2 rats in college named Sex & Candy. (You know, the song?!) Except I returned Sex because he was totally unhealthy and ended up getting Wesley instead. He didn't match the whole Sex & Candy theme, but he was paired with my roommates' rats, Buttercup and Valerie. Yes, we had the Princess Bride rats. I loved them!

3. I hate cilantro more than anything else I hate on Earth. It is vile and it makes me angry when I see it.

4. When I was a kid taking riding lessons with my pony (and these weren't ordinary riding lessons--- I was with some serious "A'" circuit trainers with other motivated, talented riders and we oftentimes had entire lessons without stirrups) and I was in incredible pain, I use to sing the Don't Do Drugs song that they had on TV at the time, over and over and over again. "Users are losers, and Losers are Users, so don't do drugs, don't do drugs!" Yeah, you wonder why I'm so by the book now? It's because of riding lessons.

5. I didn't take my husband's last name. I don't like it, and I don't see why I have to give up my identity just because he's the man. To each his own, but thankfully he supports me 100%.

6. Every once and a while, the old Boston accent creeps into my conversations. It's usually when we start talking about lobsters and parking the car in Harvard yard. It's particularly bad after I speak with my grandparents or when I spend a summer in Maine.

The rules:
Link to the person who tagged you.
Post the rules on your blog.
Write six random things about yourself.
Tag six people at the end of your post.
Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

I guess I tag Confessions of a Chinese Food Addict and Amanda so that they can experience the fun and excitement of being random. ;)

3 comments:

Amanda said...

My tag is done. :)

And it's not the wife cut! ;) I've had it short like this before. Just kidding ya, though.

Leah said...

Ooh, angry feelings toward an herb. How interesting. :)

Michelle said...

I used to hate Cilantro but it won me over. It's diabolical so be careful if you spend too much time near it, it might lure you in too :)