Sunday, December 16, 2007

#2.....#2, Baby!

Yes!!!!!
Runners are slower than triathletes. Imagine that!!!
OK, so, runners who decided to show up for the Santa Run this morning in my age group just suck.....so yours truly got #2 in her age group, first time out in a 5K! You know why?? Because triathletes know how to pace themselves. They understand their pace. (And this particular triathlete got pretty darn lucky that the real runners slept in this morning)

So, I didn't hit my goal time. In fact, I was a minute over it, but I am still elated. I was at the back of the start "chute," with over 1000 runners, and it took us over a minute to get through the chute and to the road where we could actually run. It wasn't until 0.4 miles into the race that there was enough room to "run" at a pace faster than a 12-minute mile, so that second half had to be pretty quick to keep the pace up. I had a great time running in costume. My stockings stayed up. I warmed up enough to run in my tank top. The knees held up (although they are singing now). My pre-race nutrition (one piece of toast with PB) stayed down (barely). Just an excellent day all around.
I permitted DH to not run. He isn't trained for the distance, and to be honest, 3 miles is still considered an endurance event. Rather than have his name be forever associated with walking on the internet, I gave him the free pass to stand by the finish line and take pictures. I think he actually enjoyed himself and it sort of motivated him to get out there and get active. The race would have been even more fun had we been out there together. He's even asking about half marathons in March. Can you believe it? I've died and gone to heaven.

So, here are a few pics of me today. I still look like I'm dying out on the run. Thank goodness for triathlons and the bike leg.....I think I'm a sexy bitch on the bike. (Just kidding!! But I certainly don't throw pained faces on the bike like I do on the run--- it's pretty embarassing looking back at me)




4 comments:

SixTwoThree said...

Too cute! Way to go girl!!

Amanda said...

Way to go!!! That's awesome!!!

And you are just too darn cute in your stockings. I love it! :)

Unknown said...

Awesome job!! I love the stockings!! You remind me of the little girl form the Grinch. ;-)

Ericka Bigelow said...

That is awesome. Love the stockings, both Christmasy and Pippy Longstocking like!

Miss you guys!